27 January 2013

Bedside Book

I recently just finished the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.






Overall, it was a good book. It wasn't an 'easy' read IMO, but I did enjoy it. I actually learned a little bit from it as well. I loved how the narrators of the book, were 5 different characters, so we got to see the story unfold from 5 different perspectives. If you have time to read an in depth story, this would be a good choice. I like these types of books, which also make me learn to appreciate what I have as well.

Whenever I complete either a book series, or a huge novel, Like the Poisonwood Bible, I end up with a little bit of a book hangover. If you read a lot, I am sure you can relate. I don't always feel up to reading another book, because I am still recovering from the previous.

I usually follow up these 'hangovers' with what I call a 'light and fluffy' read. Usually a romance novel. Yep, I admitted to being  into those types of books. I like them. They don't require much thinking, they are easy to read and are a great 'in between' book for the next in depth read. In my mind a perfect way to keep the book reading going, and not go into a lull.

The book I decided to open up on my kindle has been downloaded for quite some time now. I tend to hoard ebooks, because, well, amazon is always giving them away for free, so I just grab them in quantity. I just grabbed one at random and decided it was a good one to start up. It is called "Her Best Catch" by Lindi Peterson.

 A quick overview of this book: Allison Doll's mother is rebelliously turning fifty, her two best friends have started dating and a gorgeous injured relief pitcher named Ashton Boyd has joined her Sunday school class, rocking her world into confusion, heartache and temptation, places she hasn't visited in a long time, much less all at once.
But with the help of family, old friends she really hasn't lost, a new friend she really can count on, and God, she begins to find out whether she'll always be a girl waiting for life to happen or a woman who's ready to commit to her best catch. 


It is so far, a very easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment