12 January 2013

Fabric Softener

One of the ways I like to save money, is to make my own cleaning supplies. Today I am going to share with you, the Liquid Fabric Softener I use.

I cannot, for the life of me, remember WHERE I got this recipe, but I have been using it for quite some time now, and I am really satisfied with it. I will share it here with you, but cannot take the credit. Someone out there in the world wide web, is the one to thank. :)  

Anyway.. The recipe is as follows:

6 cups water
4 cups white vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner 

This is what I use:  

 Its just 1 15 FL OZ bottle. It is pretty much 2 cups.. so all I do is squirt the entire bottle into the pot, instead of making a mess with measuring, etc. 

You can use ANY scent you want. No rules here. :) 


You pour all of the ingredients into a pot, and boil and stir slowly (if you use a wooden spoon, I would recommend restricting it for DIY use only, unless you like the taste of conditioner, of course) Just keep stirring, until the conditioner is completely dissolved. 

Thats it. Once you're done, find a funnel, and a container (I used an old gallon sized vinegar bottle) and pour your softener into the jug.  Use about 1-2 tablespoons per load. This stuff lasts me months. 

This doesn't save me a TON of money, but every penny counts right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment