09 January 2013

Pantry Project


Right now I am currently working on putting a pantry in our hall closet. We used to have a decent sized stockpile in our garage, on a cheap-o book shelf we put together ourselves. 

I had recently asked my husband to bring it into our closet inside the house (the garage is not insulated, everything was just WAY too cold, and I wanted easier access to our food! lol) When he went to start moving the unit, it broke in half. *sigh* the bottom part got moist and the wood kind of rot out. If you want to call it wood. I think its particle board maybe? IDC, either way, I was bummed. I do not want to go out and buy another one

SO... we had to make do with what we have. My husband started to take the unit apart, to throw it away and noticed it was only the bottom half that is ruined. Take that off, and the top part was still a solid piece. YAY! So, we still have a couple shelves for pantry purposes. 

Right now I have a very mixed up closet, just random pieces of rescued furniture, re purposed for storage.


My mish mosh, not organized yet, pantry.  If you see on the left, is the broken in half bookshelf, but hey, it works! In the far back is just an old plastic shelf we had around for quite a few years. It has been re-purposed several times. Up until yesterday, it was a DVD rack lol. On the right, is a broken dresser. Yep, I kept that too. I took the drawer fronts off, and laid them down, on the runners. (I think thats what they are called.. ) It works! 

Sorry, I don't have any other pictures to show off today. I want to make it nice and organized first. I only started this yesterday. Stay tuned, next week I will have much prettier pictures. Some of the stuff in here needs a new home too. (games do not belong in here anymore ;p )

No comments:

Post a Comment