08 October 2010

She did what with what?

Ok here is what I started with:


Now, I am sure many of you know where I am going with this. I have seen it done many times before and just couldn't wait to try it out for myself... so, no. I cannot take the creativity credit here.





Just a simple shot of the glue gun and the candle stick holders are attached to the hurricane candle holders... voila!  but wait... there is more:




I wanted to snazzy it up a bit, with an impermanent bow made out of tulle. I plan on filling these with candies tomorrow for Alexis' 9th birthday party. It will be a very easy change once I want to decorate with something else. Yes, you heard right, I want to fill these with candies. 

This whole project literally cost me, well, nothing. Since I had all of the supplies in my house already. The candle holders were used so I of course had to wash them real good first. I have seen all of these supplies (including tulle) at the dollar store, so you can make a pair for under 5 dollars if you wanted to. I for one, thought this was way too easy. I wanted something time consuming to do while little man was napping, and it took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish. So, now I must find something else to do... lol. 

I think these would make very nice centerpieces for a wedding or a shower, so go grab that glue gun and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment