17 October 2010

My birth story

On Saturday October 9th I started having contractions, about 5 minutes apart so I went to L&D. They hooked my up to the TOCO but decided that they weren't strong enough so they sent me home. I stuck it out for 2 days and went back on Monday October 11th when they were 3 minutes apart and quite a bit more uncomfortable. I was sent home yet again as I was only 2 cm dilated and they thought I would fare well at home laying around rather than doing the same exact thing at the hospital. Tuesday the 12th the contractions were more severe but 7 minutes apart so I thought I would walk. I didn't want to go back to L&D to be sent home again. I went to bed that night in a lot of pain but wanted to try to stick it out until the morning. 1:30 am on the 13th I woke up and my water broke. My husband went to get his mother so she could stay home with the kids and we were off to the hospital. I made it to L&D about 2:15 am. I was hooked up to the Toco again and the contractions were closer together and more severe. They checked me and I was 100 % effaced and 9 cm dilated. Luckily the midwife was on call and in the hospital already. She no sooner made it to the delivery room and Connor was ready to come out. at 2:39 am Connor was born at 8lbs 4 oz 21 1/4 inches long. I guess having to wait around for almost 3 days paid off. they didn't even have the time to hook me up to any IVs so absolutely no drugs, no epidurals and not really much pain at all. No tearing, no stitches either. This was definitely an easy delivery compared to my first. If I was guaranteed this easy every time I would definitely do it again (if Mike wanted more lol).. but we are done, and I am happy with my 2 sons and my stepdaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment