10 October 2010

searching for inspiration

I want to make Preston into a robot for Halloween. But not out of cardboard boxes, he will need to sit in the car, and boxes would make that difficult. I am hoping to get away with spending less than 5 dollars per kid for a costume, since I am going to be making them by hand. Mostly using stuff around the house. Alexis is easy, she wants to be a vampire, black clothes, white face and some fangs. I can handle that. But a robot?? this is going to be tough. I wonder if aluminum foil would look good enough.. lol. If Connor ever gets here (due date TODAY! Ugh), I plan to make him into a candy corn, that should be fairly simple. Especially considering he will not be trick or treating this year (obviously). I would love to hear some feed back on some robotic costume ideas. (one of his favorite "brobots" is Iron Man, but he loves them all.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could find some cardboard tubes, and use boxes; but not put it on him until you're in the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about that silver insulation tube stuff? (like for your dryer) You could use it for his arms and legs? Kind of like the Lost in Space robot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably could pull off the boxes and slide them on when we get to our trick or treat destination... I love the silver tubing idea, makes it easy for his arms to maneuver.

    ReplyDelete