05 October 2011

quick and easy shelf updo

I am just rummaging through my house, and repurposing old things to make into new uses... We don't have a ton of money, so I try to make do with what we have on hand.. its actually kind of fun. Living frugal is a challenge, but a FUN challenge. The picture frame I had made a couple of years ago, I used random letters from scrapbook kits and my cricut, and a picture frame I had purchased at the dollar tree, some white paint for the frame, and it was a nice little touch for our entryway, at our last apt. Well, since I had no use for it here, in our new apt, I thought it would look good on our black bookshelf, in our living room. I also grabbed the baskets from my laundry area, that were meant for holding wash rags, and other various cleaning supplies, but instead, just collected random clutter (still better than clutter laying around, but oh well lol) and place them in front of my picture. Well, thats one shelf that looks halfway decent. Now to figure out what to do with the other 5 shelves... :\ Here is how it turned out (it literally took me 2 minutes.. too easy)

No comments:

Post a Comment