02 October 2011

Monogram Plate Decoration

I have been seeing a TON of twine or yarn wrapped letters lately, some on their own, some on wreaths etc... and I just LOVE them so much that I had to try one for myself. I didn't want to run out and spend any money so I decided to use what I had laying around the house. I first took apart a diaper box, and traced out an "M" and cut it out. Then found some twine and started wrapping and gluing. (I used a hot glue gun, this made the project much easier, and faster) The wrapping only took about 20 minutes or so, as I didn't do it thorough. I thought it would be OK to leave a little of the brown cardboard visible, as I was going for a rustic look anyhow. I then found some old wire garland for a mini christmas tree, I thought it was perfect for that little Oomph on the M. Afterward, I hot glued the letter down on a decorative plate. The plate is plastic so it is really really light (good for hanging). To finish off the project, I added old, no longer smelly potpourri around the entire plate. Thats it. Very easy. Hot glue a ribbon to the back, and hang. Or just get a plate stand, and add to a mantel or shelf arrangement. I may make more as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment