08 May 2011

fingerpainting

I wanted to give my little man something fun to do, but didn't want to have a huge cleanup. So I decided to lay out some newspapers, and fill a couple of rinsed out baby food containers with shave cream (only thing I could think of) and mixed with 1 drop of food coloring in each. I let Preston go to town, and I even helped him make fa fies (butterflies). I guess you're wondering how this was "easy" cleanup... well, I didn't use a lot of shave cream, and they were in baby food containers.. I just threw them away when I was done. Nothing to rinse or put away. That was the easy part, and since shave cream is basically soap, it made his hands nice and clean when we rinsed them off. Its all in good fun. I promised him we would make "snakes" later. Here is our artwork from earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment