23 September 2010

Dollar Store Window Valance

I am not a big sewer. I love glue, its so much easier. But I needed some kind of window dressing for my son's room. He LOVES disney cars. So, what better than to take a simple poster, bought from the dollar store, cut it up and glue it to a curtain rod (also 1.00).. so in essence, the whole project cost my 2.00 total. Can't go wrong there.

Here is what I used to start:


Next, after I cut the poster apart, I mod podged the pieces to the cardboard the poster came on:


Next step, hot glue to a basic curtain rod:



Finished Product, as you can see, its a shared nursery/toddler space so they each have their own window. :D



I am planning on making my Stepdaughter a couple for her room very soon, using tulle for her as well. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment